Kerracel™ Ag dressing is the only gelling dressing with ag oxysalts™ (ag3+), providing up to 6 times more power than traditional silvers (agl+) to reduce the barriers that create a hostile wound environment1 *
Kills bacteria within a biofilm and prevents biofilm re-formation2*
Quickly kills at least 99.999% (5 log) of a broad spectrum of bacteria34*
Reduces Inflammation†and the associated H2O2* that can cause tissue damage and support microbial growth.5
Produces oxygen which may create an elevated oxygen environment.5*
to purchase from our exclusive retail partner, MEDICAL MONKS®
Specific indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions and safety information exist for KCI products and therapies. Healthcare providers should review the product User Manual, Safety Information and/or Instructions for Use prior to application.
Click here to view the Instructions for Use (IFU).
1. Spina C. Silver I, II, III: Chemical characteristics, properties, and anti-microbial activity. Crawford Healthcare Ltd.
2. Evaluation of antimicrobial activity of KERRACEL™ Ag and Aquacel® Ag Extra™ against in vitro biofilms. CHC R541. 2017. Crawford Healthcare Ltd.
3. Antibacterial efficacy of KERRACEL™ Ag and Aquacel® Ag Extra™ against planktonic species over 7 days in vitro. CHC R539. 2017. Crawford Healthcare Ltd.
4. Rate of antibacterial efficacy of KERRACEL™ Ag and Aquacel® Ag Extra™ against S. aureus and P. aeruginosa in vitro. CHC R540. 2017. Crawford Healthcare Ltd.
5. Thomason H, Lovett, J et al. Silver oxysalts promote cutaneous wound healing independent of infection. Wound Repair and Regeneration. 2018 Mar;26(2):144-152.
* In vitro
† In vivo
System Components & Accessories
Materials For Download
Indications & Applications
Indications for Use
Evidence & Outcomes
You are leaving acelity.com
You are now leaving the acelity.com web site. Links to other sites are provided as a convenience to users. These sites are not affiliated with Acelity, and Acelity accepts no responsibility for their content.
Copyright 2016,2019, KCI Licensing, Inc. All rights reserved.
The information included in this web site has been prepared for and is intended for viewing by residents of the United States of America. This web site contains information about products which may or may not be available in different countries and if applicable, may or may not have received approval or market clearance by a governmental regulatory body for different indications for use. Please consult individual country sites for approved uses and any applicable restrictions.
The information in the “Products” and “Healthcare Professionals” sections of this website is intended for healthcare professionals. Patients should consult with their healthcare professional providers regarding their specific medical conditions and treatments as well as the information provided on this site, including the risks and benefits of certain products and services that may be discussed on this site.