There’s Only One
V.A.C.® Therapy: Leading the Way
Since its 1995 introduction, V.A.C.® Therapy has set the standard for wound care. While a number of other negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) systems have followed in the past 20 years, there's only one V.A.C.® Therapy.
With more than 10 million wounds treated worldwide, 60 randomized controlled trials, 1,300 peer-reviewed articles, and 1,400 published journal articles, V.A.C.® Therapy from KCI has amassed more published clinical evidence than any other NPWT product, and the difference is in the data. Only V.A.C.® Therapy has shown:
- 80% reduction in risk of readmission1
- 76% reduction in need of reoperation1
- 50% shorter healing time2
- 40% reduction in incidences of surgical dehiscence and infection3
What sets V.A.C.® Therapy apart?
Proprietary pressure sensing technology from device to wound site
V.A.C.® Therapy is the only NPWT device with proprietary SENSAT.R.A.C.™ Technology, which continuously monitors negative pressure at the wound site and compensates for any changes, maintaining a consistent environment for fluid removal. This was shown in bench testing to:
- Provide 90% more accurate delivery of negative pressure4
- Remove fluid 98% faster than other NPWT systems5
- Remove the same volume of fluid in 15 minutes that other systems require 24 hours to remove5
Detects and notifies when blockages occur using EASYCLEAR PURGE™ Technology
Additionally, V.A.C.® Therapy comes equipped with EASYCLEAR PURGE™ Technology, which provides real-time updates to caregivers and proactively aids in preventing and clearing blockages as they occur.
Learn more about SENSAT.R.A.C.™ and EASYCLEAR PURGE™ Technologies
Standardizes 4 NPWT types into a single V.A.C.ULTA™ Therapy System
Designed to treat patient wounds across a wide spectrum, our best-in-class V.A.C.ULTA™ 4 Therapy System includes:
- V.A.C.® Therapy System for standard NPWT
- PREVENA™ Incision Management System for closed incisions
- V.A.C. VERAFLO™ Therapy for NPWT with instillation
- ABTHERA™ Open Abdomen Negative Pressure Therapy for open abdomen management
See KCI's portfolio of NPWT systems for acute and postacute wound management
Streamlined access to therapy with clinician and patient support along the way
KCI provides top-tier support so you can count on having the resources you need, when you need them.
- 24/7 clinical and technical call support
- 400 clinically trained representatives
- Approximately 25,000 clinicians trained annually
- Medical education programs and webinars
For continuing education in V.A.C.® Therapy, view our latest webinars.
Our value-added programs help you and your patients get needed resources, including:
- KCI Express® Program, which streamlines product orders through EMR systems
- Consignment program to provide on-site unit storage for access on demand and as needed in the care setting
- V.A.C. READY CARE™ Program to provide on-site access to units so patients can seamlessly transition to home care
V.A.C.® Therapy Resources
Competitive Brochure: SENSAT.R.A.C.™ & EASYCLEAR PURGE™ Technologies:
Explore the proprietary technologies that set V.A.C.® Therapy apart from the competition.
Review our bench study investigating how V.A.C.® Therapy and our competitors detect and respond to blockages.
From cost savings to consistent negative pressure, V.A.C.® Therapy delivers.
View the 2017 Symposium on Advanced Wound Care Fall Meeting poster comparing the blockage alarms and clearance capabilities of select NPWT systems.
These videos are intended for clinicians. The V.A.C.® Therapy System is indicated for patients with a variety of open wound types as well as closed surgical incisions. Prior to use, consult detailed product indications, safety information, and instructions contained in the KCI V.A.C.® Therapy Safety Information and Dressing Application Instructions provided in the dressing cartons.
Specific indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and safety information exist for KCI products and therapies. Please consult a clinician and product instructions for use prior to application. Rx only.
Get to know the proprietary technologies, products, and people that set V.A.C.® Therapy apart.
What Your Peers Are Saying
MD General Surgeon
“The level of innovation with the V.A.C.® Therapy System is beyond any of the other companies...they’re just trying to catch up.”
“With KCI, you know exactly what you’re getting.”
Wound Ostomy & Continence Nurse
“I have had the opportunity to use other negative pressure wound therapies, I have not seen the same customer support. I haven't seen the same safety devices that the V.A.C.® has...I haven’t seen the same efficacy that I’ve seen with the V.A.C.®.”