1. Kuhn BA, Coulter SJ. Balancing ulcer cost and quality equation. Nurse Econ. 1992;10(5):353- 359. Cited by: Fife C, Carter M, Walker D, Thomson B. Wound care outcomes and associated cost among patients treated in US outpatient wound centers: Data from the US Wound Registry. Wounds. 2012;24(1):10-17.
2. Sen C, Gordillo G, Roy S, Kirsner R, Lambert L, Hunt T, Gottrup F, Gurtner G, Longaker M. Wound Repair Regen. 2009; 17(6): 763-771.
3. Piper Report. Hospital readmissions: conditions, cost, and utilization differences in Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance. http://www.piperreport.com/blog/2015/01/16/hospital- readmissions-conditions-cost-and-utilization-differences-in-medicare-medicaid-and-private- insurance/ Published January 16, 2015. Accessed November 1, 2017.
4. Weiss A, Elixhauser A, Steiner C. Readmissions to U.S. Hospitals by Procedure, 2010, HCUP Statistical Brief #154, April 2013, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb154.pdf
5. American Podiatric Medical Association. Diabetic Wound Care. 2016. http://www.apma.org/Learn/FootHealth.cfm?ltemNumber=981. Accessed July 28, 2016.
6. Bauer K, Rock K, Nazzal M, Jones O, Qu W. Pressure Ulcers in the United States' Inpatient Population From 2008 to 2012: Results of a Retrospective Nationwide Study. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2016 Nov;62(11):30-38
7. Rice J, Desai U, Cummings A, Birnbaum H. Skornicki M, Parsons N.2014. Burden of Diabetic Foot Ulcers for Medicare and Private Insurers. Diabetes Care 2104;37:651-658.
8 ChishoIm-Burns MA, Spivey CA. The ‘cost' of medication non-adherence: Consequences we cannot afford to accept. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2012;52(6):8236 Cited by: Hurlow J, Hensley L. Achieving patient adherence in the wound care clinic. Today's Wound Clinic. 2015;9(9):14-32.
9. MedPAC, Report to the Congress Promoting Greater Efficiency in Medicare Pay: Payment Policy for Inpatient Readmissions, Chapter 5. 2007:103-120.
10. Weinick R, Burns R, Mehrotra A. How many emergency department visits could be managed at urgent care centers and retail clinics? Health Aff. 2010;29(9):1630-1636. doi:10.1377/hlthaff.2009.0748.
11. Zolnierek KB, Dimatteo MR. Physician communication and patient adherence to treatment: A Meta-analysis. Med Care. 2009;47(8):826-834.
12. Blume PA, Walters J, Payne W, et al. Comparison of Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Utilizing Vacuum Assisted Closure to Advanced Moist Wound Therapy in the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers: a multicenter randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care 2008 Apr; 31(4):631-636.
13. Law A, Cyhaniuk A, Krebs B. Comparison of Health Care Costs and Hospital Readmission Rates Associated With Negative Pressure Wound Therapies WOUNDS. 2015;27(3):63-72.
14. KCI Data on File